IStip NQT Survey
This year, we received 266 (27.0%) responses from the cohort of 1009, a lower response than last year.
In each case, the figure in brackets is the equivalent result for the preceding year (2016-2017).
Please rate the following as Excellent/Good/Satisfactory/Poor
IStip email contact:
- Excellent: 64% (62%)
- Good: 31% (32%)
- Satisfactory: 4% (3%)
- Poor: 0% (0%)
- No contact: 1% (3%)
IStip telephone contact:
- Excellent: 14% (12%)
- Good: 4% (9%)
- Satisfactory: 0% (1%)
- Poor: 0% (0%)
- No contact: 82% (78%)
If you rate either as ‘poor’, could you say why?
- (None rated as poor)
2. Quality Assurance Visit
Has your school had a Quality Assurance visit from one of our QA Officers in the past year?:
- Yes: 50% (48%)
- No: 50% (52%)
If yes, was it helpful?
- Yes: 94% (95%)
- No: 6% (5%)
Any additional comments regarding the visit?
- Great to know I was on track with paperwork and improved how my mentor observed me.
- The QA was kind and tried her best to put me at ease. Since the meeting, I have felt much more relaxed about my evidence as I know that, going forward, it is in an approved format and that the content is appropriate.
- Positive experience, good meeting, excellent feedback, felt encouraged, approachable inspector, affirming for school who are very supportive, nurturing, encouraging of students to do well that the NQT paperwork/evidence was mostly being conducted perfectly and received advice regarding collection of evidence that was useful, liked how the inspector showed an interest in our personal career paths and shared her experiences.
- I found it really helpful to meet with the QA Officer as she put my mind at rest that I was completing the paperwork to a sufficient level of detail (and if anything, too much!). She was very supportive and reassuring, and so while we worried that we were being inspected, she confirmed that she was checking that we were receiving the support we needed from school.
- The IStip Quality Assurance Officer made me feel at ease about the entire paperwork process my Mentor and I had taken. He gave us a lot of positive feedback regarding our work and some constructive criticism that has helped going forward. I feel I am ending the year with a thorough and accurate account of my experiences and achievements in teaching and part 2.
- I felt the visit was more helpful for the school than for me.
3. Regional meetings
Did you receive notification in advance of the meeting (please mark as appropriate)?
- From IStip: 9% (17%)
- From the centre/school: 5% (6%)
- From both: 86% (77%)
How did you find the meetings?
- I found them really interesting. The opportunities to discuss teaching and learning techniques was well balanced with more ‘official’ CPD sessions.
- Useful: 65% (74%)
- Neutral: 14% (15)
- Poor: 4% (3%)
- Did not attend: 17% (8%)
- Useful: 70% (73%)
- Neutral: 17% (17%)
- Poor: 3% (4%)
- Did not attend: 10% (6%)
- Useful: 67% (73%)
- Neutral: 19% (16%)
- Poor: 4% (4%)
- Did not attend: 10% (7%)
4. NQT Guide
Did you receive a copy of the NQT Guide?
- Yes: 92% (97%)
- No: 8% (3%)
Did you find it useful?
- Yes: 96% (96%)
- No: 4% (4%)
Any other comments about the Guide:
- Very clearly laid out.
- There was a lot of information to read in one go.
- Very easy to follow. Informative and supportive of the paperwork and processes required for the training year.
- Does what it should, provide good insight into what to expect from the year.
5. IStip Paperwork/Pro Formas
Have you found them helpful?
- Yes: 93% (93%)
- No: 7% (7%)
Which particular forms did you find most useful? Most useful, most mentioned pro formas:
- Evidence tracker – ‘does everything that all the other forms do in one place’. ‘The evidence tracker as you could clearly see how the standards were being met’.
- ADP – ‘useful as I could track my targets and see what I am working towards. It also helped me to identify areas within the Teacher’s Standards I had not set myself targets and ensured that I strived to achieve within all areas.’
- Exemplar forms – ‘All the forms were useful and the examples allowed me to complete them effectively.’ The exemplars were the most popular forms.
- LO of NQT – ‘helped to create foci for lessons.’
- Weekly meeting agenda – ‘helped to guide the topics for discussion and became the template for ensuring processes were completed on time’, ‘concise and useful in helping us to structure our meeting discussion’.
- Self-evaluation forms – ‘helped me reflect on my lessons’
- Record of Induction – ‘The Record of Induction was very useful as a prompt and keeping us on track’.
- You got the balance right, helpful and informative, but not so detailed that it took up an inordinate amount of my time to complete.
Any other comments about the paperwork:
- They are straightforward and easy to fill in.
- Paperwork often results in duplication I did not find the ADP very helpful, it seemed to be an additional step that replicated items already discussed elsewhere.
- The weekly meeting proforma had some unnecessary boxes which were difficult to fill at times
- Generally very manageable and clear
6. Online NQT Manager
Have you found the system easy to access?
- Yes: 98% (96%)
- No: 2% (4%)
Have you found the system easy to use?
- Yes: 95% (97%)
- No: 5% (3%)
Have you any additional comments about NQT Manager?
- The NQT manager system could still be more intuitive.
- Was nice to get an email about my reports, felt very personal and I felt proud of what I had achieved each term.
- It is frustrating when it times you out after 20 minutes.
7. IStip Website
Have you found visited www.istip.co.uk this year?
- Yes: 87% (77%)
- No: 13% (23%)
- Yes: 100% (99%)
- No: 0% (1%)
- Yes: 97% (98%)
- No: 3% (2%)
- I find the website simple to get around and to find what I need quickly.
- Didn’t use it very much
- Excellent: 56% (56%)
- Good: 29% (32%)
- Satisfactory: 12% (10%)
- Poor: 3% (2%)
- Excellent: 79% (70%)
- Good: 16% (26%)
- Satisfactory: 4% (3%)
- Poor: 1% (1%)
- Excellent: 89% (84%)
- Good: 9% (11%)
- Satisfactory: 1% (4%)
- Poor: 1% (1%)
- My Mentor has been really helpful from the point of view of giving advice professionally and pedagogically
- Everyone in school has been very supportive and helpful in all NQT activities and advice sought/given
- The support from the school has been exceptional – a great start to my teaching career.
- My Tutor has been supportive, practical and realistic. His calm and kind approach has enabled me to feel I can ask any question.
- My Coordinator and Mentor are both excellent. I feel very fortunate to have two such professional and dedicated teachers helping me to develop over my NQT year. My Mentor has been incredibly organised, honest and helpful. He attended ISTIP training and has been the most fantastic Mentor.
- I’ve found my induction experienced to smooth, focused and enriching.
- Both within the school and with ISTIP the induction process has been seamless. It’s built on core practice within the QTS/PGCE course, been appropriately scaled in terms of workload and, for the most part, has added value.
- Paperwork has been kept minimal and it has been much more manageable in comparison to my training year. All paperwork completed proves useful for review and assessment write ups.
- Yes: 99% (97%)
- No: 1% (3%)
- Spend time with my family
- Teaching is too demanding in the UK
- Yes: 87% (86%)
- No: 13% (14%)
- Fixed term contract / maternity cover
- Lack of support from Head of Department/mentor (several said this)
- To broaden my teaching experience through working in different types of schools
Have you found the website easy to access?
Have you found the website easy to use?
Have you any additional comments about www.istip.co.uk?
8. Your Induction Year/Support
How would you rate the support you received this year from (where relevant):
The Induction Tutor
Please feel free to make additional comments upon your induction experience:
Are you planning to stay in teaching next year?
If no, could you say why?
Are you remaining in your present school next year?
If no, could you say why?
If you wish to apply for a copy of the full IStip NQT Survey, please contact one of the IStip officers at headquarters.
You can also read results of earlier IStip NQT surveys.