2020-21 Pro Formas: Downloads
Induction information for Coordinators and Tutors
This page is for pro formas for 2020-21. Forms for 2019-2020 are also available.
We have compiled a collection of all key forms (based on the Minimum Requirements of Evidence document) for you to download and use, either electronically or in hard copy. Also included are guides to observing lessons and to the Action/Development Plan, along with exemplar assessment forms and a guide on common errors. You can download the forms individually or as a single ZIP archive.
You are reminded about IStip’s intellectual property rights and the terms and conditions of use of our material (including this website). If you reached this page without agreeing to the terms and conditions of use of this material, please do so now before proceeding.
Download forms and guides for 2020-21
We will add the Tutor and NQT Guides to the site over the summer when we have a clearer idea of the nature and shape of the coming academic year in the wake of COVID-19.
You can download the documents you will need for managing induction here as individual items. Clicking on the links below should download and open the document on your hard drive. To save a copy without opening it, right-click and choose ‘Download’ or ‘Save as’.
Before Induction Commences
- Declaration of Prior Induction 2020-21 (DOCX, 37k)
- Record of Induction 2020-21 (DOCX 52k)
- Minimum evidence requirements 2020-21 (DOCX, 39k)
- Forms and Their Use 2020-21 (DOCX, 54k)
- Making assessment easier 2020-21 (DOCX, 37k)
- Good practice for Heads and Governors 2020-21 (DOCX, 18k)
- Understanding professionalism 2020-21 (DOCX, 24k)
- The Teachers’ Standards (PDF, 641k)
- The Statutory Guidance for Induction – April 2018 (PDF, 402k)
- Evidence tracker 2020-21 (DOCX, 27k)
- Guide to lesson observations (PDF, 27k)
- Lesson Observation OF NQT 2020-21 – for observing an NQT (DOCX, 35k)
- Lesson Observation BY an NQT 2020-2021 (DOCX, 36k)
- Self-evaluation of NQT’s lesson 2020-21 (DOCX, 35k)
- Regular meeting agenda-minutes 2020-21 (DOCX, 35k)
Formal Progress Review Meetings
- Formal Progress Review Meeting 2020-21 – for the minutes of the meeting (DOCX, 38k)
- Request for input for review or assessment 2020-21 (DOCX, 34k)
- Assessment meeting agenda 2020-21 (DOCX, 38k)
- Assessment form writing – Aide memoire 2020-21 (DOCX, 33k)
- Common Errors on Assessments Forms 2020-21 (DOCX, 36k)
- Assessment forms – NQT comment guidance 2020-21 (PDF, 60k)
- Assessment form – Junior exemplar (PDF, 481k)
- Assessment form – Senior exemplar (PDF, 485k)
- Action plan NQT making unsatisfactory progress 2020-21 (DOCX, 48k)
- Unsatisfactory Progress – factors to consider (PDF, 79k)
- Unsatisfactory Progress – questions to ask (PDF, 68k)
Complete set of pro forma documents
If you wish to download a complete set of the pro forma documents (not including the IStip Guide for NQTs, or the IStip Guide for Induction Tutors) then you can do so here:
- Complete set of 2020-21 Pro Formas (ZIP, 3Mb)
Please note that in order to make use of this feature, your school or ISP firewall security settings must allow you to download and access ZIP files.
If you experience any problems downloading the forms, please contact one of the IStip officers at headquarters for assistance.