Changes to Statutory Induction from Sep 2021
These are the main changes:
- Induction will take place over two years. Experienced teachers may be able to reduce this.
- NQTs will be known as Early Career Teachers (ECTs)
- ECTs will require a 10% timetable reduction in year 1; 5% in year 2.
- There will be two assessment points over two years.
- All NQTs will have a Mentor.
- ECTs should have an Early Career Framework (ECF) based induction. The ECF is not to be used as an assessment tool.
- The Standards will remain unchanged and NQTs will still be assessed against these, but over a two year period.
- Appropriate Bodies (such as IStip) will need to ensure the quality of induction and the use of the ECF.
- Statutory Guidance and Early Career Framework: